Lebanese Lentils & Red Peppers
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes (Total Times : 3 Hours 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 cup Dry Lentils
- 3/4 cup Chopped Red Peppers
- 1/3 cup Chopped Red Onions
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
PLACE lentils in medium saucepan. Add enough water to pan to cover lentils by 2 inches. Cook on medium heat 30 min. or until lentils are tender; drain. Add peppers, onions and mint; mix lightly. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
COMBINE oil, vinegar and garlic. Pour over lentil mixture; mix lightly.
ADD cheese; toss lightly.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Enjoy your favorite foods while keeping portion size in mind.
Lentils are available in several different colors, including yellow, pink and greenish brown. Store all varieties in a cool, dry place and use within a year.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS