Classic Beef Stroganoff
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes (Total Time: 1 Hour)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 Boneless Beef Sirloin Steak, Three Fourth Inch Thick (1 Pound)
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, Any Variety
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 teaspoon Instant Beef Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1-1/2 cups Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 4 cups Hot Cooked Noodles
PLACE steak in freezer 30 minutes to firm. Cut across grain into 2x1/2-inch strips.
MIX sour cream and flour in small bowl. Stir in water, bouillon and pepper; set aside.
MELT butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the steak; cook and stir until steak is cooked through. Remove steak from skillet. Add remaining steak and vegetables to skillet; cook and stir until steak is cooked through and onion is tender. Return all steak to skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
ADD sour cream mixture; cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Cook an additional minute. Spoon over hot noodles.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream.
How to Clean Mushrooms
Use a clean, dry or slightly damp towel to gently wipe dirt off mushrooms. Do not rinse mushrooms in water because they will become mushy.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS