- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 8
- 1/4 cup Prepared GOOD SEASONS Italian Or Zesty Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, Cut Into Thin Strips
- 3 cups Cut-up Assorted Fresh Vegetables, Such As Small Cauliflower Florets, Mushroom Slices And Chopped Bell Peppers
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, Divided
- 1 Small Garlic Clove
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon GOOD SEASONS Italian Or Zesty Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
HEAT 1/4 cup of the Italian dressing in fondue pot or heavy saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until crisp-tender. Add broth, apple juice and cornstarch; stir until well blended. Bring just to boil. DIP chicken and vegetables, in batches, into boiling broth mixture with a long-handled fork or long skewer. Cook chicken for 3 min. or until cooked through and vegetables for 2 to 3 min. or until crisp-tender, removing ingredients from the broth mixture as they are done.
COMBINE 1/2 cup of the MIRACLE WHIP with the garlic and lemon juice. Mix remaining 1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP with the Italiian salad dressing mix. Serve as dips for the chicken and vegetables.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Fon-Do's and Fon-Don'ts
Be sure to have separate plates for the raw and cooked ingredients so that the juices from the raw meat don't mix with the cooked food. Also, be sure to use the right fondue pot for the job - a broth fondue should be cooked in a metal fondue pot to maintain the high temperature needed for cooking the meat. If you don't have a metal fondue pot, use a large saucepan or slow cooker instead. Wooden skewers can be used instead of the fondue forks.
Safe Food Handling
Never allow cooked chicken to set at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If it is not eaten immediately, cooked chicken should be kept hot or refrigerated.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS