Velveeta Down-home Macaroni & Cheese
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 40 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 5
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Butter Or Margarine, Divided
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 pound (8 ounce) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, Cut Into Halh Inch Cubes
- 2 cups Elbow Macaroni, Cooked, Drained
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Crushed RITZ Crackers
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Melt 3 Tbsp. of the butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Add flour; mix well. Cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add VELVEETA; cook until melted, stirring frequently. Add macaroni; mix lightly.
SPOON into lightly greased 2-qt. casserole dish; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Save 60 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 5 grams of saturated fat per serving by preparing with fat-free milk, VELVEETA Made With 2% Milk Reduced Fat Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese and RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers.
Jazz It Up
Stir in 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits with the cooked macaroni.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS