- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 30 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 4
- 3/4 cup Chopped Seeded Peeled Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Thin Strips
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Greek Vinaigrette Dressing, Divided
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 4 Pita Breads, Cut In Half
COMBINE cucumbers, sour cream, dill, lemon juice and garlic; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
COOK and stir chicken in 2 Tbsp. of the dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet; set aside. Add onions and remaining 2 Tbsp. dressing to skillet; cook 5 min. or until tender, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
SPOON chicken mixture evenly into pita bread halves. Serve topped with the cucumber mixture.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Serve gyros sprinkled with chopped tomatoes and ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese.
Substitute 4 pocketless pita breads or flatbreads for the regular pita breads. Spoon chicken mixture evenly onto pita breads; top with the cucumber mixture. Fold bread around filling to serve. Makes 4 servings, 1 filled pita bread each.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS