Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 25 minutes (Total Time:5 hours 5 minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 2 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Margarine Or Butter, Melted
- 1 bag (14 ounce) KRAFT Caramels
- 1 can (5 ounce) Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup PLANTERS Pecan Pieces
- 2 package (8 ounce each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, Melted, Cooled Slightly
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix crumbs and margarine; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
MICROWAVE caramels and milk in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 4 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after 2 minutes. Pour over crust; sprinkle with pecans.
BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended; pour over pecans. Place springform pan on baking sheet.
BAKE 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. of the whipped topping. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
This cheesecake is the perfect choice for a special occasion. Plan ahead and eat accordingly before indulging in a slice of this delectable dessert.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS