Trail Mix Upside-down Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1 can (15 ounce) Pineapple Rings, Undrained
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter Softened
- 2/3 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 cup POST GRAPE-NUTS TRAIL MIX CRUNCH Cereal Maple Nut & Brown Sugar
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Yellow Cake Mix
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Drain pineapple rings, reserving liquid; set aside. Meanwhile, place butter, sugar and honey in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave an additional 30 sec. or until butter is melted. Stir in cereal. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
ARRANGE pineapple rings over cereal mixture in pan, cutting rings if necessary to evenly fit onto bottom of pan. Prepare cake batter as directed on package, substituting the reserved pineapple liquid for the water. Pour over pineapple rings.
BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min. Invert cake onto serving platter; remove foil. Cool cake completely.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
If you don't have enough reserved pineapple liquid to prepare cake batter, add enough cold water to reserved liquid to equal the measured amount of liquid needed.
Substitute canned sliced peaches for the pineapple rings.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS