Patriotic Quilt "cake"
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 4 Hour 25 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 20
- 1-1/2 cups Boiling Water
- 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- Ice Cubes
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) Frozen Pound Cake, Thawed, Cut Into 10 Slices
- 1 quart Strawberries, Sliced, Divided
- 1-1/2 cups Blueberries, Divided
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, One Third Less Fat Than Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping, Thawed, Divided
STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mixes in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 20 min. or until gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
MEANWHILE, line bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish with cake slices. Add 1 cup of the strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
BEAT Neufchatel cheese and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk or electric mixer until well blended; stir in 2-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread over gelatin. Arrange remaining strawberries and remaining 1/2 cup blueberries on Neufchatel cheese mixture to resemble the squares of a quilt. Pipe remaining whipped topping around squares. Store in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
This is the perfect dessert for your annual Memoral Day or July 4th picnic. Since it serves 20, one "cake" goes a long way!
Prepare as directed, using JELL-O Brand Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS